Wednesday, February 1, 2017

SEXTROPOLIS:S1/CH4/"A DAY IN THE LIFE"

Season1/Chapter4
"A day in the life"

Morning is here and I have to wake up. Be disciplined, that's what they say. Yeah, right, whatever. It's Monday morning and the routine is the same. I get up. I stretch out. I head over to the kitchen and take my vitamins and supplements. I finish that and turn on the television to CNBC. I stand there watching the news for a few minutes. It's all depressing. White house this, New president that, it's all going to hell in a hand basket. Don't let it get to you. I say keep your cool, calm and tranquil demeanor. I turn the channel to Music Choice 844, the new jazz channel. The music sooths and relaxes me. Now I'm ready to write. I head over to my home office and begin.

I write for three hours per day, five days a week. What can I say, I have a short attention span. After three hours, I'm fried. I find I can write 1500 to 2000 words in those three hours and also get some editing in. I usually come up with some good stuff. I'm working on my latest novel. It's called "Borrowed Time." It's a thriller of course and I hope it strikes a nerve. We'll see. My three hours are up. I get up and head to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and then go to the bedroom. I change into my work out clothes and head to the gym. I work out at 24 Hour Fitness. Why do I work out there? Well, I work out there because it's open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. You never know when I might get the compulsion to go work out at three o'clock in the morning. Hey, you never know! Anyway, I'm off to torture myself. No, I meant to say to work out at the gym.

My work outs take about two hours. I love this gym, that's why I'm in here three times a week. It's kind of quiet during midday. Everyone is at work. They don't get in until after work which is usually between 5 and 6 o'clock. I'm old so I use the machine weights. In case you didn't know, that's weights connected to a machine.The dead weights cause me injury, that and they're heavy as hell. It sucks to be old. I use to do the stationary bike but I heard it causes impotence. You kill yourself working out and then you find your manly parts don't work. How's that for life sucking the big one? Now I use the elliptical machine. Yeah I do five minutes on that baby before I'm dying a slow death and asking for my mommy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I need to toughen up. Please keep your opinions to yourself. There's an elderly woman who's been on that thing for an hour. God, I hate her. I think she's just trying to show me up. My work out is over. Time to go home. Say goodbye to the elderly woman. She's still going, holy f*ck. It's been fun. I'M OUT!

Back at my shack, I head over to the fridge. I grab a bottled water. They were a gift from a friend. I make it a rule not to buy water, seeing as how it's usually free. The faucet stuff is fine with me and plus, it has fluoride in it. You know fluoride, it's good for your health and teeth. I sit down for a minute and turn on the television. It's still on the jazz channel. I get up and head to the shower. I'm done. I get dress and head to my nightstand. I grab my wallet, cell and keys. I'm headed to one of my favorite restaurant and bar. It's called the Quarterdeck  off of the Las Olas Boulevard Strip. I'm going to have a bite, a few drinks and what the hell, mingle. I'll hang out with the happy hour crowd and see what comes of it. Yep, a day in the life of yours truly, Francis Bourdeaux.


No comments:

Post a Comment