Thursday, February 23, 2017

SEXTROPOLIS: S1/CH7/"HEATHEN"

Season1/Chapter7
"Heathen"

It's Friday evening. The nightlife in downtown Fort Lauderdale is out of control. The venues are endless. All you have to do is pick  a spot or go to multiple spots during the evening. I had a good writing day. My work-out was long and intense. I feel good. When I got home, I called my cousin, Adrian. He was out and about but he knew I would call. I like hanging out with him because at our age, not too many of us are single. Single guys over forty have to stick together. Hoorah! He's an independent insurance broker. He loves it. Why? I don't know. He just does. The best part he says is that he makes his own hours. I guess that's pretty cool. He works for himself. So, he has no boss. Like I said, He loves it.

"Mr. Adrian Paul, How are you this fine evening." Adrian was at home now. He said, "I'm fine. What's going on? If your calling, that can only mean one thing. What's up for tonight?" I laugh and said, "You know me so well. I was thinking the usual." He said, "The Blue Martini." I said, "Yes sir, you would be right." He laughed. He said, "What time should I be at your place?" I said, "The usual, nine thirty." I could here him thinking and I said, "No need, I'm fully stocked, just come over." With laughter in his voice, he said, "I should have known."

"So what have you been up to?" I said, "I've been seeing someone." Adrian laughs and shakes his head. He said, "Uh oh! Here we go." I said, "Yeah, you can say that again." "So what's the problem?" I said, "It's not a problem. It's just that everything has been going well. The sex is great." "But!" "Yeah, but. I really like her but she's all about church. She's been trying to get me to go." Adrian said, "And you don't want to, you heathen. You like being with her but you don't want to do the church thing, dilemma, dilemma, dilemma." I head to the kitchen and make myself another drink, a screw driver. I ask Adrian if he wants one also. He said sure. I make the second and take it to Adrian. He said, "You have to make a choice. Go to church and remain with the girl. Or, tell her your not interested in church and lose the girl. What's your call?" I sip from my drink. I said, "It's not a tough decision. I'll decide tomorrow." I get up and raise my glass. I said, "Let's make tonight a night to remember."

The Blue Martini is worth the price of admission. Adrian and I make it there around 10:30 PM. The place is packed. Of course, we make our way to the bar. I see an age-appropriate woman who's having drinks with a friend. I head over to where her and the friend are. Adrian isn't far behind. I smile and start a conversation. I say, "Hello. How are you?" She smiles back and replies. We do the friend introductions and spend the rest of the evening talking. She's from out of town, visiting. Her friend lives in Fort Lauderdale. We dance like two couples who have been together awhile. We have more drinks and talk about commonalities. Closing time is approaching. We exchange numbers and promise to keep in touch. We'll see how that goes. As Adrian and I are leaving, I get a call. It's Indigo. She's hysterical and frantic. She said, "I need your help! Please come see me, hurry! It's an emergency!"




No comments:

Post a Comment