Wednesday, February 8, 2017

SEXTROPOLIS:S1/CH5/"HIS COMING"

Season1/Chapter5
"His Coming"

"Oh goodness! Is that my cell? What time is it? The clock shows 6:00 AM. Who in the hell is calling me at 6 in the morning?' I roll over and sit up on my bed. I answer the cell. "Hello." The voice is sultry and vivacious at the same time. It can only be one person. "Good morning Indigo." She laughs a little and I can hear her expression. She said, "Good morning again handsome." I shake my head and say, "Kind of early isn't it?" "Early for what," she said. I don't take the bait. I say, "Just early. What are you up to?" "I'm getting ready to go to work and I wanted to talk to you before I head out." I say, "Okayyy." I can feel her smiling. She said, "I need to ask you something." "What is it?" She continues, "I'm getting together with some friends this evening and I wanted you to come." I was still drowsy and waking up. I said, "Let me check my incredibly packed social calendar." I pause for a bit and then say, "I'm free. When should I pick you up?" She laughed. She said, "Nope. I did the inviting. I'll pick you up. I'll be by your place around 7:00 PM." I laughed and said, "Okay then, it's a date."

I head to the bathroom and then I head to the home office. I do my three hours of writing and head out for my work out. It's Wednesday, so it's work out day. I get back home from the gym feeling tired and soar. I get a call from my best friend, Justin. He is his usual happy and go -lucky self. He begins by asking me what's new. I say, "Nothing, the usual." He laughs and said, "That means something is going on. What's going on?" I say, "Nothing is going on. I'm behaving, being a good boy." "Bullsh*t," he said. "I know something is going on." I break down and I say, "I met a girl." With that, he yells out on the other end of the phone, "Hallelujah!" I laugh and he laughs. He said, "I knew it. When you didn't say anything, I knew it. You must be serious about her." I'm shaking my head. I tell him, "I just met her. Things are going well. We'll see." He takes a minute to stop poking fun at me and said, "I'm happy for you. It's time you met a nice girl and settle down." I say, "Whoa! I've only known her a few weeks. Let's hold off on the wedding bells." Justin laughs some more and said, "Okay, okay. But, it would be nice if you found someone." "Why, so I can double date with you and the wife." Justin said, "Exactly, just what the doctor ordered!" We talk some more about our friends, sports and politics. We end our conversation with a promise to get together this weekend.

Indigo proves to be as timely as she is beautiful. I have on blue jeans and a beige linen shirt. I throw on some designer boots, dark brown in color to match. Indigo has on white skinny jeans with high heels for days. Her top is a loose fitting blouse the color of indigo. Well, what did you expect? It makes sense to me. Smiley face. We drive to a spot that use to be an old industrial building. It has been converted to downtown lofts. We enter and there are about twenty to twenty-five people in attendance. The loft is a Chicago style loft with lots of room to mingle. The host has hired a chef and a mixologist. The affair appears to be swanky and upscale. Indigo and I meet some of her friends. They are nice people but a bit peculiar if I do say so myself. There's something off about them. I just can't put my finger on it. All is going well. I should have known, too well. That's when it happened. The host gathered everyone in the living room and said, "Time for us to recognize his greatness. Time for us to believe in him and his coming." I then thought, "Ah hell, I'm at a church social!" Indigo looked at me and smiled. I smiled back thinking, "EXIT, STAGE LEFT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment