Friday, January 27, 2017

SEXTROPOLIS: S1/CH2/"BLUE ISLAND"

Season1/Chapter2 (No editing/written on the fly)
"Blue Island"

The crowd was starting to thin out. Indigo and I were having a blast. The would be suitors had all faded away. I was on my third patron margarita and she was on her second vodka martini. We had just finished off a couple of Jose Cuervo tequila shots. I felt great and she looked great. I was having the time of my life. Thank you Meetup. She looked around and said, "Do you want to get out of here?" I said, "Yeah, sure, why not." I asked her what did she have in mind? She smiled and said, "Let's go to Vibe." I wasn't sure what Vibe was so I asked. "It's a club on Las Olas," she said. "Club," I said. "Sounds good, Let's go."

She jumped in her car. I jumped in mine. I followed her to a parking garage just off of Las Olas Boulevard. We parked and headed for this club called Vibe. We were upright and could pass a roadside test. I was amazed at her stamina. The cover was reasonable and the place looked packed. The music was bangin' and it seemed non-stop. I scanned for the age group and I saw my kind. The 40 plus crowd had migrated over here also. Nice! She headed straight for the bar. A woman after my own heart. Smiley face. She was about to buy us a drink and it brought a smile to my face, again. I gave her the pause signal and I motioned the bartender over. I opened a tab and I said, "What's your pleasure, dear lady?" She smiled and said, "Blue Island Ice-Tea."

With those words, I quite literally fell in love. Blue island ice-tea was my all time favorite drink. I stopped drinking it. Because, after three, I couldn't remember a thing from the night before. What can I say? I"m a lush. I told the bar keep, "Two blue islands, please." The man was an artist. They came fast and strong. Nice! We got our drinks and danced by the bar. To say our dance was provocative would be understating the fact. It was the closest thing I've had to sex in 6 month. Did I just admit to that? Please disregard. Smiley face! I asked her what she did and she said, "I deal in import/export." I didn't want to pry so I didn't press. She asked me about my writing. I gave her the footnotes version. She took it in stride. It was approaching 2:30 AM and the club closes at 3. We had gone through three rounds of blue islands, most of which I drank. I had no shots this time around though. I wanted to keep my sushi. We were not drunk but we weren't sober either. Time to call an Uber.

We were sitting on a bench outside the lounge area of the club. I asked her how she was feeling. She said, "Fine." I asked her, "Can you make it home?" She smiled and said, "Nope." I asked her where she lived. She did not reply. She just smiled. She said, "Where do you live?" I said, "Less than three minutes from here." Now, I smiled. She shook her head and said, "Is that so?" I said, "Yes, that is so." We sat in silence for a while and watched as people began filing out of the club. I waited, waited, waited and then it came. She said, "O.K. loverboy, let's go to your place." The words were music to my ears. "God bless blue island and God bless Uber! WE OUT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment