Thursday, January 26, 2017

SEXTROPOLIS: S1/CH1/"Indigo Ballard"

Season1/Chapter1 (No editing/written on the fly)
"Indigo Ballard"

My name is Francis Bourdeaux and I'm a weekend alcoholic. I'm also over 40 years old, never been married, no kids and oh yes, no dog. Depressing isn't it? I live in sunny Fort Lauderdale, Florida or as I like to call it, Sextropolis. And no, I don't live on the beach. I wish. I earn a living writing indie novels. That's a novel written by an author who self-publish. No need to make a face. It's all the new rage. I had some success here and there. I wrote one novel that sold enough to cover my bills for a number of years. That was a good novel, one of my best. I have others, under different pen names, they bring in a few bucks here and a few bucks there. In any regards, I stay fed, housed and liquor is not a problem. What a life!

Socially, I get my fair share of activity. A few months back, a friend told me about meetup.com. Oh yes, meetup.com, that's how I met her. Well, let me first tell you what Meetup is. It's a site that brings groups together from all facets of life. I found and joined a group called Fortunaeto Events. It checked all the boxes. To join, you had to be 30 or older, interested in nightlife, a professional and a free spirit. I got one out of four, not bad. But what the hell, it was free so I joined.

The first event I went to was held at an Asian fusion sushi restaurant. Interestingly enough, the restaurant had a back room. In that back room was a bar, lounge area, a dance floor and a d.j. I was impressed. Looking in from the outside, you would have never guessed this was here. I walked in alone. I headed straight for the bar. The organizers were nice and made me feel right at home. The people were all friendly. The sushi was half price, so I ordered some at the bar. What the hell, it was a sushi restaurant. I listened to music and took in the scenery. It was then that I noticed her.

She appeared tall and slim but not sickly. She wore an outfit that accentuated her physique. Her facial features were striking and I could not stop looking at her. Little did I know, this woman would bring my life to a screeching halt. I finished my sushi. What did you expect? I was hungry. I gulped down half of my Patron margarita and headed in her direction. She was being mauled by several would be suitors. I heard the words, "net worth," "beach condo" and "Have you ever been to Paris?" She smiled and was being polite. I waited patiently. These guys were dead in the water or so I hoped.

She broke away and came over to where I was standing. I immediately said hi. She reciprocated. I said to her, "Your kung fu is pretty good." She gave me a puzzled look. I said, "The way you fought off those guys, you must be an expert." "Would you consider teaching me?" She laughed. We began talking and found we had nothing in common. She said her name was Indigo Ballard. We danced and had some more drinks. How could someone so beautiful be so dangerous. If I only knew, I would have done the same exact thing. She was just that HOT! What can I say, I'm a guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment